NORTH HAVEN LACROSSE
CODE OF CONDUCT & PARTICIPATION CONTRACT
Players and Parents
I wish to participate in the North Haven Lacrosse Association games and activities. As a participant in such play,
I pledge to:
1. Learn the rules of lacrosse so that I may be a better player, coach, and fan.
2. Encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating only positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every event.
3. Support the drug and tobacco-free environment that is important for all youth sporting events.
4. Make only supportive comments to all players, coaches, and officials.
5. Remember the field is a classroom and everyone is learning.
6. Focus on the fun and the participation.
I also pledge NOT to:
1. Ever use profanity at a youth event.
2. Criticize the coaches, players, or officials.
3. Touch an opposing player, coach, or game official in a threatening manner.
This contract must be signed by any player, parent, or coach who wishes to participate in any North Haven event. A player’s form must be signed by his/her parent(s) or guardian. The signature indicates that the person has read and agreed to this Code of Conduct and knows that the consequences of violating one of these rules include ejection from the event. The North Haven Board of Directors as well as Conny Board of Directors will be notified of the ejection. The Board may decide that the ejectee must appear before the Board to describe the circumstances of the ejection.
All participants (players, coaches, and parents) must read and sign this document. Signed Codes will be held on file by our program administrators through the end of June each year. The signed documents should be available on demand when requested by the North Haven Sportsmanship Committee.